It's scary what kids can remember...
At Chris and Joccy's wedding in Berkeley last weekend, Miss Pata gave us the teddy bear she had knitted for Rowan. We brought it home and, when we gave it to Rowan, told her, "Amy made this for you." That's IT. That's the only time either of us remember mentioning Amy's name.
Then we were looking at pictures posted from the wedding, and suddenly Rowan points at a picture of Amy (the last one she posted, I believe) and says, "Amy!" Now, she MAY have heard me telling Ray about the pictures. But still, mine and Ray's jaws dropped. We can't recreate it exactly, but we do have Rowan on video proving that she knows who Amy is:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6165493611498863712&hl=en
And she knows what "Amy" is connected to. When I asked her yesterday what we should name her new bear (she was sitting on our bed with it) she held up the bear and and exclaimed, "Amy!"
So, there ya go. I believe you have a Friend for Life, Miss Amy, and I believe my daughter is too cognizant for mine and Ray's good. :-P
Then we were looking at pictures posted from the wedding, and suddenly Rowan points at a picture of Amy (the last one she posted, I believe) and says, "Amy!" Now, she MAY have heard me telling Ray about the pictures. But still, mine and Ray's jaws dropped. We can't recreate it exactly, but we do have Rowan on video proving that she knows who Amy is:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6165493611498863712&hl=en
And she knows what "Amy" is connected to. When I asked her yesterday what we should name her new bear (she was sitting on our bed with it) she held up the bear and and exclaimed, "Amy!"
So, there ya go. I believe you have a Friend for Life, Miss Amy, and I believe my daughter is too cognizant for mine and Ray's good. :-P
Labels: rowan


1 Comments:
This is the awesomest thing ever. Like I said over on the board -- I'll hold on to those deely-boppers to make sure she recognizes me if I ever do get to meet her.
I'm completely tickled!
Post a Comment
<< Home