A Rowan story
We're sitting eating a dinner of french bread, cheese, and apple slices (what?! Gimme a break, it's Monday.
) Rowan eats part of an apple slice and then wants a fresh one. So Ray takes the eaten one, puts it back in the bowl, but then goes to give her the same one back.
"No, Daddy. Mama!"
He tries again.
"No, Daddy. Mama!"
He turns to me. "Should I give her a fresh one?" I look at him, and look at her. I take the partially eaten apple slice from Ray and hand it to Rowan, who starts munching away contentedly.
Ray just about breaks down, he's laughing so hard. I tell him he still needs lessons in speaking 2-year-old.
"No, Daddy. Mama!"
He tries again.
"No, Daddy. Mama!"
He turns to me. "Should I give her a fresh one?" I look at him, and look at her. I take the partially eaten apple slice from Ray and hand it to Rowan, who starts munching away contentedly.
Ray just about breaks down, he's laughing so hard. I tell him he still needs lessons in speaking 2-year-old.
Labels: rowan


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home