OMG I'm a Dad!

We found out about Rowan October 23rd, 2005. She was born 7/03/06. We found out about Brandon March 20, 2010. He was born 11/6/2010. In case anybody is actually interested, I will post updates here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Sleepwalking, sort of

I try to be responsive when it is my turn with Rowan, even though I am
normally a rather heavy sleeper. Rowan ate around 2AM this morning,
so when I felt a nudge and heard my name and Rowan fussing, I thought
it must be 3 or so and my turn to walk her for a while until she
calmed down, or at least keep her calm until it was time for her to
eat. So I got up, scooped up Rowan, and started walking her around.
She was still fussy, so I took her downstairs to the rocking recliner,
which usually calms her down. She wasn't taking any of it, so I was
about to check her diaper when I hear Jen call down the stairs
wondering what I was up to. Now, I have pretty bad eyes, so even
though the bassinet is near the alarm clock, I can't read it and I
didn't bother taking a closer look when I got up. It turns out that
it was 5AM, and time for her next feeding. Jen hadn't nudged me or
said my name, she probably just rolled over as she started to wake up
with Rowan's fussing. Since I was still mostly asleep, does this
count as sleepwalking?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess this is o.k., just so long as you can feed her in your sleep as well. Then you can rest and father at the same time!

-Witney

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home